Pesquisar este blog

sexta-feira, 29 de junho de 2007

Your Song

Billy Paul - Your Song
It's a little bit funny Lord, this feeling insideI'm not one of those who can easily hideI don't have much money but, boy, if I didI'd buy a big mansion where we both could live
If, if, if I was a sculpture Lord, honey, but then again, no(then again no, no)Or a man who makes potions in a travelin' showI know it's not much, I know it's not much, but it's the best I can doYou gave me a gift Lord, and I'm goin' sing it for you
And you can tell everybody that this is your song(this is your song)It may be a quite, quite, simple, but that's how it's doneI hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mindWhat I wrote down in wordsWordsHow wonderful life is when you're in the world, world, world
If, if, (if), if I was on a rooftopI'd kick off my shoes (kick off my shoes , kick my shoes off)I'll write a few verses and then I get the bluesBut the sun's been quite, quite kind while I wrote this songIt's for people like you and people like meI wanna, I wanna keep turnin' on
So excuse me for forgetting, but these things I do, Lord(these things I do Lord)You see, you see I've forgotten if they're green or blueAnyway the thing is, anyway the thing is, what I really meanYours are the sweetest eyes, you've got the sweetest eyesThe clearest eyes I've ever seen, I hope you go back
I hope you, I hope you go back and tell everybodyThat this is your song (this is your song)It may be quite, quite simple, but now that's how it's doneI hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mindBut I wrote down in wordsLord, wordsI'm doin' it for how wonderful it iswhen you're in the world, world, world
If, if, (if), if I sat upon a rooftop I'd kick off my shoes, ohyeah(kick off my shoes, kick my shoes off)I'll write a few verses and then I get the bluesBut the sun's been quite, quite kind while I wrote this songIt's for people like you, people like meI wanna, wanna keep turnin' on, so excuse me, so excuse me
So excuse me for forgetting, but these things I do(these things I do Lord)You see, you see I've forgotten if they're green or blue, babyAnd anyway the thing is, anyway the thing is, what I really meanYou are the sweetest eyes, the sweetest eyesThe sweetest eyes I've ever seen
I want you to go back, go back and and tell everybodyThat Billy Paul's got a song (Billy Paul's got a song)I'm, I'm gonna sit upon a, a rooftop and kick off my shoesI'm gonna write it (write it), write it (write it), write it(write it)I might come out with the Gospel (Gospel), the Blues (blues),The Jazz (Jazz), the Rock and Roll
I'm gonna, got to, got to write me a simple song for everybodyBecause this is my song (this is my song)It may be quite, quite simple but that's the way it's doneI hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mindWhat I wrote down in words, wordsYou come back, you try to try again, try again
Tell everybody that Billy Paul's got a song(Billy Paul's got a song)It may be quite, quite simple but that's how it's done, babyI hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mindwhat I wrote down in wordsHold it, hold it, hold it, hold it oooohGet back, get, got, oh no

Nenhum comentário: